Thursday 20 November 2014

Pre-Wedding Photo Shoot at My Dream Wedding, Hong Kong

Oh dear, it’s been a long time since my last blog. It’s more than a year. OMG!! I think it’s time for me to fill up my blog again. I really have the intention to stop blogging but recently my close buddy, Rain was mentioning about writing her blog which indirectly makes me feel excited on blogging again. But I really don’t know where should I start out~ Since there are people asking me about my pre-wedding photo shoot in Hong Kong, I guess I will just blog on this~

I actually signed up a package with our local “My Dream Wedding” at Damansara Perdana but my pictures were taken in Hong Kong. Honestly speaking, I felt that the service in Hong Kong is way much better compared to Malaysia. In Malaysia, you will find those wedding consultants to be very aggressive on getting your sales and everything you ask them, it’s definitely answers with money related. Don’t really like that but I insist to choose “My Dream Wedding” because my sister actually took her wedding pictures at “My Dream Wedding, Hong Kong” and her feedback was really great. Therefore, I committed with “My Dream Wedding, Malaysia” but insist to enjoy the service in Hong Kong.

I took up the RM5388 package with My Dream Wedding Malaysia and it’s their mid-range package where I get to choose two outdoors location and one indoor studio. First of all, flight tickets to Hong Kong and accommodations are not included in the package. For the package I took, it includes:-

·         2 Deluxe Wedding Gown for photo shooting
·         1 Deluxe Evening Gown for photo shooting
·         2 Groom Tuxedo for photo shooting
·         1 Hand Bouquet (artificial flowers) for photo shooting
·         1 Bridal Makeup with 3 Hairdos ( Cosmetic eye-lashes included)
·         Makeup artist follows through outdoor photo shooting session
·         Service hours 8-10 hours
·         Transportation fees are excluded. Therefore charges of HK$150 per hour will be charged for outdoor photo shooting.
·         30 Original Size CDR Photos
·         2 Frame Photo; Size 8x10
·         1 Frame Photo; Size 20x24
·         1 big album
·         1 small album
·         1 Wedding Gown for actual wedding day
·         1 Evening Gown for actual wedding day
·         1 Groom’s Tuxedo for actual day (Platinum collection & Tuxedo Shirt not included)

And these are my FREEBIES~

·         Allowed to bring 1 more casual wear for my photo shooting (hairstyle not included)
·         Crystal Album Cover
·         1 more hairdo for photo shooting (which is for my casual wear, they gave me for free)
·         50 pcs photo card (4R) {for this I manage to bargain another 20pcs which means I have a total of 70pcs}
·         Car Decoration 1set, 16 pcs ribbon
·         1 evening gown rental for actual day {for this I manage to get a white gown instead of the evening gown because for actual day, we actually need one white gown for morning & one white gown for dinner)
·         1 groom’s tuxedo for actual day
·         1 signature banner; size 20x30
·         Additional 15 Original Size CDR Photos

Well I guess after seeing my package, you can start to compare it with other wedding packages outside. Honestly, I have many friends who took their wedding pictures in Taiwan and with the price I’m paying, honestly, you can get even more there. The reason I choose Hong Kong is because among my friends, there are already three people who went to Taiwan to take their wedding photo shoot. The pictures are awesome and the packages are just worth it but I think it’s a little boring for my friends to see the same thing in my wedding again. Besides this, my husband bought my engagement ring all the way from Hong Kong and proposed to me in Singapore so we decided to make our wedding photo shoot in Hong Kong as well.

We have chosen the Mona Lisa Studio for our indoor photo shoot and for the two outdoors, we have chosen Tsim Sha Tsui Street and the garden beside Mona Lisa Studio. I guess a lot of people will be asking how are the services in Hong Kong as we have made the payments in Malaysia and are the people there pushy for add on? The answer is, “nope nope nope”. The staffs there are pleasant and they service you as though you are the king and queen. Urm, no no, maybe I will say prince and princess~ LOL~ It sounded younger right? LOL~

The first thing when we arrived at Hong Kong, we took a cab and departed straight to Mona Lisa Studio as booked in our appointment. I took my wedding photo shoot during March and the weather was rather chilling in Hong Kong. I am a person who is really afraid of heat so I find it just nice for me but guess what? I fall sick on the day we landed in Hong Kong. =( I catch a cold while I was taking measurements for the gown alteration.

Firstly when we arrived, they put us in a huge room with a coffee table and couch at one of the corner and right in front of it, there is the fitting room with a huge full body mirror beside it. The interior is pretty classy, neat, clean, and tidy~ ;) Just perfect for me. (=^-^=)

There is this lady who will assist us in our gown fitting and she will push two racks of gown for us to choose. But before this, this lady will firstly ask you what kind of style do you like, for example mermaid, princess or vintage style. As I mention just now, they will push in two racks for your selection right? To be specific, one rack is the gown that can be selected according to the wedding package signed by us and the other rack are the upgrades. But, I really like their service, as they really didn’t force us to go for those upgrades. They will place it there and of course mentioning to us from the beginning so that there will be no hidden cost behind and I find that they are just trying to give us more alternative as there are really some couples who are willing to take the upgrades so that they will outshine their wedding album. Urm~ Just like my hubby. ;p He actually self-chose an upgrade suit and add on an additional groom tuxedo because he said he wanted to match my three dresses. He was originally given two groom tuxedo and I have three, therefore you see, it’s really our own decision for making additional payments. Besides his upgrades, we were actually given artificial flowers for the photo shoot but we choose to use real flower bouquets. The upgrades in Hong Kong probably cost us about an additional HK$3400 in total. I guess the price is considered reasonable if we were to convert it to RM. I was really lucky that my entire gown doesn’t need an upgrade, as it’s really perfectly nice. Just to mention here as well, I find that the gowns in Hong Kong are much cleaner and there are more designs compared to those in Malaysia. A super big LIKE for you “My Dream Wedding, Hong Kong”. \(=^-^=)/

And so, after we have chosen our gown, here is where I started to catch a cold. They actually need to alter the chosen gown according to your size just in one day because the following day will be my photo shoot. Therefore, I need to take off all my clothes in the fitting room with the super cold air conditioning for my measurement. By the time we leave “My Dream Wedding”, I am already having fever. I slept in the cab and by the time I reached the hotel, my whole body is just burning hot and aching. My husband went to those convenient stores and bought me a box of panadol and I took 10 pieces in total until the day I started my photo shooting session. Aiks~ I know is not good but I’ve got no choice. Anyway my photo shooting session ran very smoothly and both my make up artist, Sandy and my photographer, Ken was really friendly and awesome. There is this guy who’s name is Seh Chai Meng, who is a helper to my photographer really helps me a lot too. He helps me to take my slippers and even help me to hold my long gown from behind throughout the day. Really appreciate their service. I was really overwhelmed by their service because I have made my payments in Malaysia and many people were telling me if I were to go to Hong Kong to just enjoy their service, it would definitely be unsatisfying. But result has shown to be satisfying. (=^-^=)
I will definitely recommend my friends to “My Dream Wedding, Hong Kong”. Service is just excellent!

Ok~ I guess I have talked a little too much here~ Therefore………

~Here comes my photo booming session~

These will be my indoor Studio pictures with my first gown I chosen. 








I guess indoor pictures are rather plain and therefore here are my second gown. Pictures taken at the garden beside Mona Lisa studio.











We purposely bought this paul frank t-shirt for our casual shots and surprisingly it turn out nice! ;p


Here is my evening gown and pictures taken at Tsim Sha Tsui~









Actually I've got almost 150 copies of pictures but I couldn't load all into my blog therefore hope you guys enjoy this too~

HAVE A NICE DAY!!! 

\(=^-^=)/

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You are looking stunning in this pretty dress. I loved watching your pre wedding photographs. You know I also scheduled pre wedding shoot in Hong Kong whereas got married at a destination Wedding location in Chicago. Anyways, thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had something similar like you, signing up the package in KL and shooting at HK. Not very pleasant with service in KL as they trying to push sales. Also, when we rang up to confirm shooting dates they told us the wrong date twice but when we walk-in confirm again in-store was actually the right date we decided. So really give us a very bad impression. Besides, the extra free gown (saying Swarovski element gown) they offered to me was absolutely disappointing. I ended not taking it at all.

    However, at HK, everything was great! Great service, great gowns, not pushy, they really help to find your needs. I like the way they communicate, straight forward and understanding which safe a lot of time (Not like KL, they will only talk about all the good thing which makes you feel is all lies). Very enjoy the shooting process, will recommend people to go HK for the shooting. Just have to be smart to deal with those salesperson in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again


    Sikh Wedding Videos

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are the most reliable wedding dress fabric manufacturers company in USA we provide best quality fabrics for your best choice.

    ReplyDelete